Sunday 2 October 2011

Food Gems - CAKE POPS!


'Cupcake' Cake Pops from Martha Stewart


CAKE POPS are, to me, the chance to make little bites of heaven on a stick!

The cupcake version above looks pretty, yet classic elegance. I can see these served equally perfectly at a little girl's birthday party and at a high tea in town. Could you imagine a mixed bunch of cake pops as bouquets on wedding tables? Pretty and yummy!

Photos from Bakerella.com
235-popstars-ashleigh-lg
Cake Pops that say I love you!

Just thinking about it, your imagination is limited only by your creative spirit! I can think of a gazillion different ideas for cake pops that would be a hit with everyone. I am already envisaging my Christmas Cake Pops of colourful baubles and tiny decorated trees. Not only is the creativity of presentation fun, but you can use different cake recipes and different types/flavours of icing inside the pop.

I absolutely adore contrast in colour and imagine my lemon sour cream cake recipe mixed with a melted white chocolate ganache would make a perfectly delectable pop centre surrounded by beautiful pastel coloured chocolate shells. Piped white or dark chocolate or sweet little flowers would make the perfect finish simple. My Christmas ones I think will be moist fruit and chocolate cake rather like fruit and chocolate truffles with colourful bauble shells.

I'm that excited about the endless ideas and potential of Cake Pops my mind is buzzing......bees...

Bee Cake Pops

and watermelon summers...mmmm

photo

Have you ever made Cake Pops? If you have, or have some cake pop ideas that you want to share, Loulabel is always excited to receive your messages!





No comments:

Post a Comment