Sunday 14 August 2011

technological + awesome =

I have this whole zillion ideas and projects thing in my head and in lists and on bits of paper and in my mobile phone and on the ipad. Seriously project-idea-extraordinaire. I have fondly labeled them my pies. Primarily because they each resemble a pie in the making - in their various forms, with various fillings, but all towards what to me is a delicious end (the finished pie) that I hope each will head further towards most regularly. This of course depends upon my taming my mind and utilising my time very well!

I'm trying - and will most definitely remain a pie in the making myself as a result!

I have recently been trying to get my head around the writing of children's stories and learning the in's and out's of creating a character. As I was trying to define my characters (of which there are two gorgeous little rascals), I came to realise that I wanted to create them myself because I knew what they looked like to me. I also enjoy a dabble in art every now and again and was keen to learn Illustrator!

The following is my first attempt at freehand using Illustrator in an attempt to create my characters. I literally mean I have no idea how Illustrator really works and this was my first attempt at anything other than inserting a symbol and changing its size/colour/shape! This sweet little girl is very similar to what I want my character's little cherub face to look like:


Thought I'd share the fun of creating. It was so much fun I didn't want to stop!

To be able to create her just as I felt like was technology-awesomeness - above and beyond.

Don't mind the sketchy-rough style. It is what I love best. I like the pencil marks and rough edges which depict the handmade in drawing and, to me, make characters all that more special.

tt&e happily dabbling in technological awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment